Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Jennifer Haase RYT 500


I have been practicing yoga for over a decade, and in 2013, in search of discovering more about the practice and lineage of yoga, I traveled to Thailand to study Ashtanga and receive my 200 hour teaching certificate. Teaching is the best part of my day!  I currently teach at Yen Yoga and Fitness in Traverse City, but I always feel like I can never have enough to share and am always looking for more!   

My curiosity recently took me off to Bali to continue studying more in-depth Ashtanga, focusing on inversions and arm balances. The physical asana aspects of yoga is what really drew me in at first, but after battling many physical strains and injuries I discovered Bhakti yoga, which leads one through a physical practice by focusing mainly on love and divine spirit.  Bhakti includes Kirtan and mantra to define prana and asana. 

In the last two years I have been to India twice and Iceland once to study the magic of Bhakti yoga and to complete my 500 hour teacher training. Combining schools of yoga I feel has given me an all around awareness of the self, mind, and body. I still am always defining my own awareness and practice, and I love to share my adventures of yoga with others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment