Thursday, April 19, 2012

2016 Retreat Coordinator: Laura Matchett, MA, RYT 200

Laura Matchett MA, RYT 200

Before moving to Traverse City with her family, Laura Matchett, a former elementary school teacher, created and operated Harrisville Yoga Studio in Harrisville, Michigan.  

Each spring she leads a yoga and wellness retreat at White Birch Lodge in Elk Rapids, Michigan.  Laura earned her RYT 200 certification under the teaching of Jennifer Whipple of Prana Yoga Center in Grand Blanc, Michigan in 2010.  

Always having a passion for creative movement, Laura enjoys the balance and clarity that yoga cultivates. 

“I have learned from my teachers that Yoga is a sincere effort towards clarity, and I enjoy this journey each time I step onto my mat.   And I seal this same intention to seek clarity as I step off my mat.  Yoga cultivates a peaceful space within me; it encourages me to enjoy each moment, releasing what no longer serves me.  I will always be a work in progress, and yoga offers continual growth.” 

As a teacher Laura wishes every student to feel accepted, encouraged, and challenged.  Her classes come from the heart, and her hope is that her students feel inspired to “walk their yoga,” as they step away from their mats at the end of class.  

White Birch Lodge is a place dear to my heart.  It is very special to share a place that I love, and the Yoga that I love, with all of you...

Laura currently teaches Yoga classes at Yen Yoga and Fitness in Traverse City, MI
www.yenyogafitness.com


No comments:

Post a Comment